Quick Migration Guide
Review Your Current Site
You must review your current site. Pull your original welcome (i.e. setup e-mail) to locate the folder your site files are stored in. Once you figure this out, you will be able to prepare for download. If you are using any databases, you will need to find that out as well. If you do not know how to determine if you are using a database, please contact your former host to get this information because database setup may vary between hosting providers.
Downloading Website Files
Once you finish your site review, you'll want to download your website files using a FTP program. This program will save all of your files to the folder you designate. If you need help with using FTP please click here.
Exporting Your Databases
If during your site review, you found that you have databases, you'll want to back each of the databases up. As stated before, instructions for doing this vary from host to host, so please contact your former host for assistance.
If your host uses PhpMyAdmin you can watch the video we have here.
Upload your Website Files and Import your Databases
Once you have all of your website files, you can upload them using FTP into your public_html directory of your Qdhosts Hosting account. For further assistance with this, click this link: Getting Started.
If you need to import database files, you can log into your Cpanel at Qdhosts.com and select PhpMyAdmin to begin the import process. For more details on the database import and export process please click on the link below.
Database Imports and Exports
Setting your Namesevers
Before you can look at your website using your domain name, you will need to change your nameservers at your registrar.
Our nameservers are:
This update can take up to 24 hours to take effect.
Test your Website
After you've completed your file uploads and database restores (if applicable), you can now test your website. If your DNS change has not propagated, you will need to use your temporary URL. This information can be found in your welcome e-mail. If you can’t find this information or you need help, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Just type in your domain name or temporary URL and you can see how your site looks.
Setup your Email
Now that you’ve moved your files and databases over to the Qdhosts servers, you can move on to setting up your e-mails. Below is a link that walks you through adding an e-mail account.
- You may need to migrate e-mails’ from your old hosting provider. There are many ways to do this. However, we will walk you through Mozilla Thunderbird. Please follow these steps.
- Download Mozilla Thunderbird (click here).
- Install Mozilla Thunderbird. (Instructions)
- Open Mozilla and connect to your e-mail account at your former host and also create a connection using the new Qdhosts e-mail you created.
- To do the above click on the email option.
- Then click on skip this and use my existing e-mail.
- Enter your e-mail login and password.
- Click next to setup your IMAP and SMTP setting.
- Once connected, you will repeat these steps to connect to Qdhosts e-mail account.
- Once this is done, you can highlight the e-mails you want from your old host, right click, and select copy to. Then you will need to select the destination for your e-mails which should be the e-mail folder on Qdhosts site.
- The transfer process with take a few, but when it is done, all of your e-mails will be in your Qdhosts e-mail account.
If you would like us to migrate your e-mails please the link below.
Migrate my e-mail accounts
The Qdhosts support department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need any assistance with the steps above, feel free to contact us.
Was this answer helpful?
Email VerificationOnce you sign up for an account via purchase or via standalone process, you...
Client Area The main page of the client area has everything you need to control your account. 4...
Terms of ServiceIt is important to read the terms of service for your service. You can find them...
The “my details” screen is where the clients contact information is located. You can update...
Logging into Qdhosts Go to http://qdhosts.com/myaccount/index.php On the right hand side of...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution